Its been a really busy summer with two events in Neswick Playground only a month apart. The X Factor Talent competition on the 31st of July and The Big Day Out on the 23rd of August. We’re also now getting ready for the Union Street Party on Sunday the 29th of September.
Apologies for the delay in posting up all the fantastic photos from the events but hopefully you’ve picked up most of these on the Neswick Street Play Park Facebook Page.
Here are some of the photos to give you a taste of all that went on.
Big Day Out, 23rd July Photos ; the Street Factory street dancing workshop, food prepared by Jeremy , circus skills taught by Emerge Circus, team races , hula hooping with the Creative School and hunting for treasure. (Photos by Foto Plus and Mike Phillips). For more fabulous pics see photos by Mila Kos and Yvonne Turner on the Neswick Street Play Park Facebook Page.
Many thanks to;
- Community Spaces, Groundwork Uk, Big Lottery for the “Celebrate Your Space Grant” which helped fund both events,
- The Community First Development Grant for the play parks new benches and temporary shelters. These helped to make this year’s events so much more comfortable and will hopefully continue to do so for many more community events in the future.
- The Love Parks team at Plymouth City Council for their support with publicity and insurance,
- our neighbourhood police team and neighbourhood wardens whose help on the day was invaluable,
- Plymouth Community Homes for their contribution to the raffle,
- The Theatre Royal, The Barbican Theatre, Take A Part and The Creative School for their workshops, judges and comperes at the X Factor event,
- The Stonehouse Time Bank for their bunting making workshop at the Big Day Out,
- The Creative School for their hula hooping workshop at the Big Day Out,
- St Peters School for the loan of their stage,
- King Street News for their £250 donation,
- freelance photographers who photographed the X Factor event for no payment.
- all the volunteers from Friends of Wyndham Square who gave hours of their time to make this all possible; organising, rallying support, publicising, preparing, accounting and more.